Are you ready to take control of your life? Are you tired of being controlled by other people? If yes, then you should start taking steps towards achieving financial freedom and meaningful life!
Freedom means not having to worry about having enough money to live comfortably without worrying about finances, the ability to choose what to spend time on, and the freedom to live the life you were meant to live!
Most people dream of living their lives free from worries about money. They want to enjoy their time off and spend quality time with family and friends. And sure, financial freedom is important, but there is more to the equation!
There are several ways to achieve freedom and fulfillment. Some require a lot of effort and some don’t. The key is to identify which method suits your personality and lifestyle. This article will give you some ideas on how to get started.
Here are 9 great ways to start taking control over your life and business!
- Take Good Care of Yourself – It’s much easier to be positive when you are eating well, exercising, and getting enough rest. Having a daily routine helps you with both your physical and mental health. For me, having a morning routine that allows me to focus on my body, and my mind works best, but you will need to find your own rhythm that works best for you.
- Remind Yourself of the Things You Are Grateful For – Stresses and challenges don’t seem quite as bad when you are constantly reminding yourself of the things that are right in life. Taking just 5 minutes a day to stop and appreciate the good things will make a huge difference. I use the “Five Minute Journal” every day! It’s a fantastic little tool that allows me to reflect on what is good in my life, what I want to get done today and help me with affirmations. It also allows me to look back on my day at night and reflect on what was great and what I could have done differently. You can get your own “Five Minute Journal”, here. And I actually negotiated a deal with them so you get a 10% discount when you buy the journal if you use this code at the checkout! – LINK AND CODE!
- Look for the Proof Instead of Making Assumptions – A fear of not being liked or accepted sometimes leads us to assume that we know what others are thinking, but our fears are usually not reality. If you have a fear that a friend or family member’s bad mood is due to something you did, or that your co-workers are secretly gossiping about you when you turn your back, speak up and ask them. Don’t waste time worrying that you did something wrong unless you have proof that there is something to worry about. Worrying is interest on a loan you did not take.
- Refrain from Using Absolutes – Have you ever told a partner “You’re ALWAYS late!” or complained to a friend “You NEVER call me!”? Thinking and speaking in absolutes like ‘always’ and ‘never’ makes the situation seem worse than it is, and programs your brain into believing that certain people are incapable of delivering. What is even worse is that labeling them in this fashion actually starts a process in their mind that will lead them to believe that they are what you told them – “Always late” and then start living up to that label!
- Detach From Negative Thoughts – Your thoughts can’t hold any power over you if you don’t judge them. If you notice yourself having a negative thought, detach from it, witness it, and don’t follow it. When i negative thought comes into my mind I usually stop and thank my mind for making me aware of it. Then I politely, but firmly release it. Negativity serves no purpose in my life, so why should I focus my energy on it?
- Squash the “ANTs” – In his book “Change Your Brain, Change Your Life,” Dr. Daniel Amen talks about “ANTs” – Automatic Negative Thoughts. These are the bad thoughts that are usually reactionary, like “Those people are laughing, they must be talking about me,” or “The boss wants to see me? It must be bad!” When you notice these thoughts, realize that they are nothing more than ANTs and squash them! If you want to read the whole book, you can pick it up here – https://amzn.to/3BfDaeZ
- Increase Your Social Activity – By increasing social activity, you decrease loneliness. Surround yourself with healthy, happy people, as part of your daily life and let their positive energy affect you in a positive way! Many mental health issues come from loneliness, and you are not alone! So I encourage you, to reach out and connect with people, and start spending more time doing things that fuel your energy!
- Volunteer for an Organization, or Help another Person – Everyone feels good after helping! And you can volunteer your time, your money, or your resources. The more positive energy you put out into the world, the more energized and positive you will feel! Helping and serving others is a key factor and a part of our deep identity. Society, as it looks and works today, is not necessarily designed with the well-being of all in mind. So, doing what we always have done, helping each other is a good investment into your life!
- Use Pattern Interrupts to Combat Rumination – If you find yourself ruminating, a great way to stop it is to interrupt the pattern and force yourself to do something completely different. Rumination is like hyper-focus on something negative. It’s never productive, because it’s not rational or solution-oriented, it’s just excessive worry. Try changing your physical environment – go for a walk or sit outside. You could also call a friend, pick up a book, or turn on some music. I find that taking a walk in the forest or meditation works best for me. Find something that works for you, and SHIFT!
We are put on earth for a short burst of eternity, and for a purpose. YOU are here for a reason.
To me, that is the truth.
And we have to make the time we have count and to spread our wings and fly! There is absolutely no point in procrastinating or in negativity, it only serves to limit your life!
I encourage you, I urge you, to do the things you want to do, regardless of other people’s thoughts, comments, or ideas! Your life is your own, and yours to choose how you spend it!
I have been stuck, financially, emotionally, physically, and spiritually. I know how hard it is to break free and start living your TRUE life. People doubting, people commenting, family members bringing negativity or obstacles to you in order to make you “fall in line” and stop pressing “stupid ideas”…
But those “stupid ideas” are my dreams! I won’t give up on my dreams, and they are not stupid!
The fact is that anyone who tells you “No don’t follow your heart” or “That’s just a dream” doesn’t understand. And how could they? Your dreams and goals are yours, not theirs!
So my friend, if you are honest, are you following your dreams? Or are you letting someone else control your life and destiny?
And if not, when will you take that control back and start doing what you were put here on earth to do? What your soul screams at you to do?
If not you, who? And if not now, when?
If you need help getting started or are struggling to get going, book a call with us and let us help you! It’s free, and there are no obligations.
We are literally here to help.