How often do you wish you had more time to get things done?
If you don’t already have a system in place, then you might want to consider starting today.
The key to having more free time is to start prioritizing your tasks and setting aside specific times to complete them and creating a daily routine.
We live in a busy world where everyone seems to be running around at breakneck speed. There’s always something new to do and never enough hours in the day. This makes it even harder to prioritize our daily activities.
You can easily get overwhelmed by the amount of stuff you have to do every day.
In order to stay productive, you need to establish a system that helps you manage your time effectively.
We never seem to have enough of it and it seems to pass so quickly. Well, we won’t get any more of it and we can’t slow it down.
What we can do is make the most of the time we have. Here are some simple steps you can take to get the most out of your day.
We live in a busy world where everyone seems to be running around at breakneck speed. There’s always something new to do and never enough hours in the day. This makes it even harder to prioritize our daily activities. We live in a busy world where everyone seems to be running around at breakneck speed.
There’s always something new to do and never enough hours in the day. This makes it even harder to prioritize our daily activities.
The benefits of having a daily routine are many. Health benefits increased energy levels, and better physical health is just a few.
And getting routine tasks done without the need of a to-do list or spending your lunch breaks trying to multi-task…
So without further ado, here are 7 simple steps to get more done every day!
- Plan your day the night before – At the end of each day write out all the things you need to do the following day to achieve your goals. Pull together all the information you’ll need, phone numbers and relevant paperwork.
- Prioritize the list – Number each item and do the harder jobs first. There’s always the temptation to do the easy jobs first. However, think how the thought of doing the hard jobs hangs over you as you do the easy stuff. Think how good you’ll feel when the nasties are out of the way and how motivated you’ll feel. Is there a way to automate daily tasks?
- Stick to your list – Check off each item as you go and avoid distractions. You don’t need to answer every email/text as they come in. Set a schedule to check your email/notifications once every hour, or whatever works best for you.
- Remember the Three “D’s” – Do it, Delegate it or Dump it. Handle each piece of paper only once. Either do something about it now, delegate it to someone else or throw it in the trash. And remember – “Only do it if only you can do it.”
- Don’t procrastinate – Procrastination really is the “Thief of Time” It’s so easy to put things off till another time or till “I’ve had time to think about it.” DO IT NOW!
- Plan your leisure time – Schedule out time for you to relax, do physical activity, go shopping, whatever it is that you enjoy. And do this on a daily basis!
- Be honest with yourself – Keep asking – “Is what I’m doing now getting me to where I want to get to?” if the answer is “no,” change what you’re doing.
BONUS TIPS! – healthy habits are great!
Try to get your heart rate going on several occasions during the day and get your bottle of water out! Drink water instead of sugary drinks and avoid light beverages! Try to drink one glass of water at least once per hour.
If you are having a tiresome day and can’t focus, power naps are great to get your brain power back online!
Finally, make sure to get things done, and keep your WHY handy! It’s always much easier to push through the constant barrage of tasks when you keep your focus on the end goal!
My friend, have a wonderful day and go out there and change the world!
You got this!
2 thoughts on “7 Simple Steps to Get More Out of Your Day”
I must thank you for the efforts you’ve put in writing this! I really hope to check out the same high-grade content from you in the future as well.
I appreciate it cause I found just what I was looking for. You have ended my 4-day-long hunt! God Bless you!